What is RENT-2-BUY?
- Become an Owner Driver
- For experienced PCO drivers, this is the easy way to be an owner driver. You can own a new or used Uber approved car from just £159/pw including free servicing and fully comp pco insurance.
There is no credit check and the scheme includes a 4 week holiday break and all the vehicles come with our CCTV camera system.
- Will I own the car at the end of the payment plan?
YES, all the log-book details and information will be transferred into your name.
What are the PAYMENTS required?
- Down Payment
- All of our standard PCO cars require just a simple £500 Down Payment.
- Does my weekly rental price include servicing and insurance?
- Absolutely, all servicing and fully comp pco insurance is included free of charge in your plan. This includes nine free services up to 100,000 miles.
- Payment Plan
All pricing includes Free Insurance and Servicing
PLAN Toyota Prius
NEW £245 3 Year Seat Alhambra
SE Diesel Auto
NEW £265 3 Year Ford Galaxy
NEW £285 3 Year Citroen Grande
NEW £245 3 Year Toyota Auris
NEW £225 3 Year Skoda Octavia
Hatch SE Diesel
NEW £199 3 Year Toyota Prius
£235 2 Year Skoda Octavia
Hatch SE Diesel
NEW £159 3 Year
Am I ELIGIBILE?
- Credit Check: what if I have a 'bad' credit-score?
- Rarely a problem. Otto is more interested in your present than your past. So long as you can show that you have been working for Uber for at least one month then that is usually fine
- Minimum Age
- 25 is the minimum age for our standard PCO cars.
- Minimum Experience: What is required?
- Live in London for 1 year
- Must currently live in London
- Good level of English - Must have 3 months PCO experience
- Do I have to work with Uber to rent from Otto Car?
- NO, you’re more than welcome to use other companies with our cars.
Contract for Rent-2-Buy
- Who is my contract with?
Your Rent-2-Buy and insurance contract is with Otto Car Limited
- What if I want to cancel my Rent-2-Buy contract?
- Not a problem. After 3 months you can cancel with 4 weeks notice, but you do lose all your rental payments up to that point as long as you mileage doesn’t exceed 800 miles per week up to the date of cancellation. If it does exceed 800 miles you may be liable for any excessive mileage charges.
- What happens if I wish to cancel the Rent-2-Buy Contract and had a fault accident?
- If you had a fault accident whilst on the Rent-2-Buy Contract then you will still be liable for the insurance premium.
- How do the insurance costs work?
- It’s free and included in your Rent 2 Buy plan. We have made it simple, so there is only one price to pay per week.
- What is ‘Delivery Mileage’?
- Delivery mileage is the mileage on the clock from the dealership to the Transport for London licensing facility and then to our garage where you collect your new car. This is usually 30-40 miles
- Is there a mileage restriction?
- YES, there is a fair usage policy of 800 miles per week. If you exceed this, you will be charged on a monthly basis but you’re contract length will be shortened meaning you own the car quicker! You’ll never pay more than the agreed price set out in the contract.
- Excess Mileage Charges
Mileage Cap 40,000 miles/year = 800 miles/wk
EXCESS MILEAGE COSTS PER WEEK over the above cap
0-200 MILES £ 0.15 PER MILE NEXT 200-500 MILES £ 0.25 PER MILE NEXT 500 + MILES £ 0.30 PER MILE
- Does the car come with a PHV licence?
- Absolutely, your new car will be licensed and ready to use
- What's the Eco-Driving Course?
Our Eco-Driving Course serves two purposes. It helps PCO drivers reduce their costs by driving smarter, and also helps improve their overall standard of driving. It’s really a win-win, and to top it off, the course is completely free!
The course is part of the sign up process for both our PCO Car Hire and Rent 2 Buy scheme. In the event that a drivers standards are below what we perceive to be acceptable, we don’t fail anyone, instead we advise on what can be improved and ask them to come back at a later date.
- Can I change the colour of my car?
- Depending on the car, we have black, silver and white
- Leather Interior
- Leather seats are fitted in all our PCO cars FREE of charge! Please enquire about this during the order process.
- 4 Week Holiday Payment Break
- Through our Rent-2-Buy scheme you are eligible for up to 4 weeks holiday payment break through the year. The breaks can be up to two weeks in a row and there must be a minimum of 3 months between taking further holiday breaks.
Minimum waiting period of 6 months before you can claim your first holiday break. Your Rent-2-Buy contract will be extended by the amount of weeks you take off e.g. taking 12 weeks off over 3 years = 12 weeks extension of your contract.