Otto Car is a high-growth business in the mobility sector in London. We strive to help private hire drivers and Uber partners get PCO-ready cars and achieve their goals. We’re helping to change the fabric of how we move in this city one car at a time.
Our work environment includes:
- Growth opportunities
- On-the-job training
- Regular social events
Otto Car started with just one car in a garage five years ago. We’re proud to say that we are now the biggest fleet of PCO cars in Europe, with over 3,000+ cars on the road in London and for the last 3 years one of the UK’s fastest-growing companies. We’ve helped over 10,000+drivers get on the road, and the numbers are growing each quarter.
Owning a car is often taken for granted, but for many people, the simple act of providing an affordable and sustainable means of car ownership represents the path to financial and social freedom.
At Otto Car, you will not only be a part of this positive mission, where you will see the physical results of your work on a daily basis, but you will also be in a supportive environment, with plenty of opportunities to grow within the company.
- are passionate about sustainable mobility
- are motivated to improve road safety, specifically by improving driver standards
- aren’t afraid to share your opinion
- like to figure out how to fix it instead of who to blame
- are down to earth
- enjoy being part of something bigger
- care about the environment
- devote yourself to what you love, and never want to stop
- are a big family that helps each other out
- aren’t afraid to make mistakes
- like real food and hate pollution
- care more about your intelligence and values and welcome people from a variety of experience levels and backgrounds.
- want to make our mothers proud
We are seeking an ADI Qualified Driving Instructor.
- The job requires you to undertake a basic driver assessment of mini cab drivers and evaluate their competency to drive safely.
- In addition, you will be expected to provide one-to-one training / feedback to improve our fleet of drivers as well as assist our Senior Instructor with in house classroom Development Courses. The work is varied and you will be part of fast-growing company.
- Assist in our driver development programme aimed at assisting our clients in learning better driving behaviours.
- All our drivers have DVLA licenses but we are seeking to risk profile drivers and give constructive feedback to improve driving standards.
- We require someone who is enthusiastic, dynamic and has had experience in previously training drivers or has been a driving instructor.
- Our hours of work are Mon-Fri – 9.30am-5.30pm. No weekends
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for somebody with great problem-solving skills, the ability to think proactively and find solutions quickly and effectively, and great attention to detail. We require a qualified ADI Driving Instructor. A background in PHV/PCO or Black Cabs would be beneficial. The team here at Otto Car is extremely open to new ideas, and you will have the chance to produce work that you will visibly see the results of on a day-to-day basis, and which will directly impact the experience of thousands of existing users.
This is a fantastic opportunity for ambitious candidates that want to join a growing team, with plenty of opportunities for career progression, and who would like to make the role their own. This means we are not only looking for a good level of experience, but individuals who can express themselves well, take charge of situations where they are most needed, and who can think effectively on their feet.
We’re looking for someone who prides themselves in solving problems for our drivers and offering them the best customer experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£30,000.00 per year